5 Reasons Why Pets Are Important For Your Child
| Shivam Sharma
Humans enjoy the company of pets. They are not only great companions but also amazing stress busters. And it's not just the adults who love pets but also kids. And if you thought that giving your child the responsibility of taking care of a pet is a big task, it's time to think again. While a child may be too small for a pet, but they do need a pet. Why? Let's explore.
- Pets affect your well-being: Scientific studies have proved that having a pet at home reduces health-related issues. It also keeps the child happy which releases happy hormones ensuring that your child remains healthy too :) Having a pet also helps improve a child's social skills and self-esteem.
- Inculcates a sense of responsibility: Entrusting your child with the pet and ensuring that she/he takes care of small tasks such as taking the pet out for a walk, feeding it, giving it a bath, or ensuring its well-being, makes the child a responsible being as she/he realizes that she/he is responsible for another life.
- A life-long companion: Kids generally see their pets as their best friends with whom they can share their best-kept secrets, happy and sad moments. Moreover, no one is as excited to see a human being as are pets, which ultimately gives one a feeling of being loved and important. Though kids have their parents with them always, at times, pets do their work well.
- Increases compassion and empathy: As the child understands and learns to value the life of another being, it arises in her/him positive feelings of compassion and empathy. In such a way, pets teach the child many more life lessons and shapes them into being a good human being.
- A sense of security: With pets around, parents can be assured of the fact that their child will be safe. Pets go extra miles to keep children comfortable and secure, and their great senses come to rescue to detect any danger that humans may not be able to.