7 Things Happy People Do Differently
| Offshoot Books
The first thought that enters your mind when you read the title of this blog is: happiness is a part of life, so no one can always be happy. Or, we're all happy, so what's this new category?
Or, some others who are in a bad mood would be ready to pick a fight: are you trying to make us jealous? No!Well, maybe. As you might have guessed, not everyone is happy all the time. Imagine walking around with a smile plastered on your face even when you are not quite happy. Scary! But what we are talking about is achieving inner happiness or satisfaction. This eventually radiates in your outer self. As a result you see cheerful lots, having the time of their lives.
Did you get it now?
Read how they maintain that inner peace and achieve greater satisfaction.
1. Surround yourself with good-natured human beings (or pets): The kind of people you associate yourself with has a greater impact on your life. If you surround yourself with good-natured, kind-hearted people, you'll find yourself happy. And if you're an introvert who has a smaller friend circle, we're sure you would have already selected like-minded people you like. And in case, no one fits the description, choose your pets. They never disappoint.
2. Maintain a healthy lifestyle: Lead a disciplined life. Now disciplined does not mean that you have to maintain a strict routine run by the clock. Do what you do and enjoy every minute of it but also adopt minor changes (read good habits) that'll help you you have a healthy body and mind.
3. Keep a positive outlook: We get it! It's easier said than done. We don't expect you to keep a happy face when you feel low. Cry, shout, do what you want but only to vent out your anger and pain. Take your time to recover, to discover yourself and bounce back again. Remember, "not all those who wander are lost." If you fall, remember you just gave a hi-five to the floor. If you hurt yourself, that's a (bloody) pattern.
4. Allow yourself to learn, unlearn and relearn: Always remember that there are a lot of things to be learnt in the world. Never believe yourself to be an expert, never be overpowered by ego and vanity. Learn new things every day. Being humble will mean not setting unachieveable (and at times, vague and weird) standards, less expectations and less heartbreaks.
5. Spend time doing what you like: Refrain from staying alone especially when you are sad or lonely. That's not the correct way to find comfort or contemplate. Spend time doing what you like. Paint, cook, take a walk, talk to your friends. It not only distracts you from thinking too much and refreshes your mind but at times, also offers you solutions to your problems.
6. Remember, the power is always with you: Never lose yourself and your identity living other's dreams and trying to meet standards set by others. Be proud of yourself and what you do. Be unique. If you don't want to do something, a single word 'No' is powerful enough. And if you have set your mind and wish to achieve a target, nothing can stop you. Always trust yourself. Remember, your life is what you make of it.
7. Live life: But aren't we already living one? Actually most of us are just spending our lives without any passion, taking whatever is thrown at us. This is not what we deserve! Live every moment to the fullest. Make memories so that when you look back at them, you have a smile on your face. Do what you love and do best. LIVE LIFE!