7 Things To Keep In Mind While Practicing Yoga Asanas
| Shivam Sharma
With every passing day more and more people are realizing the benefits of healthy living. A perfect mix of balanced diet, exercise and meditation, and quality sleep is what everyone seeks. In order to keep one's body healthy and fit, yoga is seen as the best option. It's not only a healthy alternative but also helps to attain peace and satisfaction of mind, body and soul. While a lot of people think it is easy to start practicing yoga (it is!), others want to be careful before they take a plunge into the world of meditation. And, rightly so. Yoga is not as easy as it seems. There are few things that one must keep in mind. Take a look!
- Wear the right clothes: While practicing yoga the kind of clothes one wears must be correct. Avoid wearing tight clothes and switch to something comfortable and airy. It will help you breathe, and you'll also be able to perform tricky asanas with unmost ease.
- Start light: There are a lot of difficult asanas, if one wants to try, but it is always advisable to start light and once you've mastered the basics, try to explore other asanas. Some basic and easy asanas are tadasana, vrikshasana, sukhasana, pranayam, to name a few.
- Keep your health in mind: While yoga is a healthy practice, not all asanas can be performed by all. Before starting an asana, know more about it. If you suffer from an ailment, know whether you can perform your chosen asana, because at times, it can aggravate the situation.
- Have a balanced meal: When you practice the art, it is also important to have a balanced diet, that is, three meals a day and in right amount. Avoid eating unhealthy food that invite harm to your body.
- Watch when you eat: While it is important to check what you eat, making sure when you eat is equally significant. It is best to practice yoga in the morning but make sure that your stomach is empty before you start the practice as working on a full stomach may cause uneasiness.
- Do not compete: Many a time, we wish to perfect our practice and move to a more difficult one as soon as possible. And when we are in a group, watching others progress faster than us compels us to push our boundaries. Therefore, when you practice yoga asanas, remember that you're doing it to achieve peace of mind and body.
- Breathe in, breathe out: An important part of the entire process is to keep a check on your breathing. Take deep breath while you practice yoga. Breathing helps you relax your mind and focus your mind on what you're doing. Therefore, coordinate your movement while your breathe.
Leave a commentYour email address will not be published.